A daily diary about fashion, shopping and celebrity gossip. This is somewhere to share my great finds or ugly finds, hot deals and recent purchases. Feel free to email with suggestions, requests and for link exchanges and advertising.

bglam@hotmail.com

Top Blogs

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Google PageRank Checker Tool
Top Entertainment Blogs

Shopping  and Fashion blogs



Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Fashion Forum | Celebrity And Fashion Chat

Friday, July 07, 2006

Back to school

Reader question: "Dear bglam. As it's almost the end of term, I'm beginning to think about what supplies I'm going to need for next year. I need a pencil case, a bag and some shoes, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I need things that are cheap and durable, but I'd also like them to be stylish. As for shoes, my school uniform means that the shoes have to be black, and obviously I need to be able to walk in them. Do you know what kind of shoes will be popular come Auntumn/Winter 06? I'd really appreciate it if you could help."


Ballet style shoes refuse to go away - they will still be right on trend for autumn winter 2006/07. Get a black pair and they will be perfect for school...super comfortable and very stylish. faith has a gorgeous pair for just £20. If you're not into this look then schuh has a cute pair of black courts with a low heel but they are more expensive at £49.99. I couldn't find many shoes I thought were suitable for you, as most of the online stores are offering summer sandals. Faith has a great range of back to school shoes from August - I would wait and see what they have to offer then.


As for bags, it really depends on your style. When I was at school I was a bit of a surfer girl so my bags always came from Roxy, Billabong or Mambo! Oh, how i've changed. It's 8 years since I left school so i'm not sure how much help I can be but if you are more of a girly girl and fancy yourself as one of the girls out of Clueless then the following could be options: A chanel style quilted white shopper for £24.99 from river island or choose a roomy shoulder bag of your choice (I love this aqua one for £28 from topshop and team it with one of their £5 durable print shoppers, which will fit a file, A4 pad and a textbook).

For your more run of the mill style messenger bags I would visit bargain site mandmdirect where I spotted this Bench bag for £14.99 and Roxy bag for £9.99.

Comments on "Back to school"

 

post a comment